- MRFA Subscriptions
- Board of Governors
- External Associations
- PD in 5
- Resources on Evaluating Teaching
- Assessing Your Own Teaching
- Continuing Your Professional Development
- Designing Learning Activities
- Engaging Learners
- Forwarding your Email to your own Email Address
- Gagne's Nine Events of Instruction
- Knowing your Learners
- New Mapping Data for MRC
- Planning Presentations
- Presenting Content
- Principles for Good Teaching
- Writing Learning Outcome Statements
- Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- Employee Advantage
- Standing Committees
- Ad Hoc Committees
- Joint Committees
- Faculty Centre
- Contract Faculty
- Dept. Communicators Archive
- MRFA Elections
- MRFA Archive
- Schedule of Meetings
- Annual General Meetings
- Exec Meeting Minutes
- General Meeting Minutes
- Special Meeting Minutes
- Discussion Series
- Contact Us
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why log in to a member account on the website?
- What benefits do Part Time Faculty Members have?
- What benefits do I have and how do I make claims?
- Where can I find the Faculty Tuition Refund Application form?
- What rank am I now?
- When do Scholarships for Dependents come out?
- Why am I getting an access denied message when I try to visit some sections of the website?
- When are the General and Annual General Meetings of the MRFA?
- What do all these acronyms mean, and how are they important to me?
- What are the MRFA's committees and what role do they have in the University?
- How do I get an Account?
By logging into your member account on mrfa.net you gain access to meeting minutes and negotiations reports. Also, when there are surveys you will need to log in to complete the survey. All other areas of the website are open/accessible without logging in.
Please see our list of Part time Benefits in the documents section of mrfa.net.
Health care and dental benefit information is available on the Mount Royal University website.
For further information you can contact
Manager, Employee Services
The forms are available in the Reimbursement Forms section of the website (under Documents).
The criteria for refunds can be found in the forms and also in the Collective Agreement (article 18.2)
See the MoU on Placement of Existing Faculty to and Academic Rank (page 81 of the 2009-2010 Collective Agreement)
The forms for Scholarships for Dependents are always available on our website in the Reimbursement Forms Section. Criteria and deadlines for submission are included in the forms.
Some sections of the website are for members only (i.e.: faculty of Mount Royal College). Such areas include the Negotiations page and the financial statements. When you get the access denied message please log in to your account to be able to view the page. If you do not have an account please see the account FAQ related to that.
The meeting dates and times are posted under the link Meetings, which is found in the upper navigation bar. ou can also go directly to this page by using this url: mrfa.net/meetings
Additional info: Previous meetings' minutes can also be found at mrfa.net/meetings. The minutes show up as links on this page. (note: you need to be logged into your account to see the minutes)
1. AUCC: The Association of Universities and Colleges of
An organization that, among other things, provides recommendations for accreditation to colleges and universities
Visit www.mrfa.net/AUCC to find out more
2. CAUT: Canadian Association of University Teachers
CAUT provides a collective voice for Academic staff across
Visit CAUT's website for more information
It is an advocacy group that represents the faculty in Alberta Colleges regarding education issues and policy
Visit ACIFA's Website for more information
4. GFC: General Faculites Council
A new body that is, in part, responsible for academic policy decisions within
Visit http://www.mrfa.net/GFC for more information
All committe information, including descriptions, contacts, and events can be found here.
(If you require further information about these committees please contact the executive assistant (6192) or contact a member of the committee.
Please contact the MRFA Executive Assistant to have an account created for you.
To have an account set up for you Include in your e-mail:
Name-first and last
Preferred Password (you will be able to change your password in the "My Account" section at any time).